Members-only Homebrew Competition
Josh Gambrel of Wolf Hills Brewing in Abingdon has offered to brew the Best of Show winner assisted by the winning brewer!!!
This is a great opportunity to have your beer brewed comercially!!
- This is a BJCP sanctioned homebrew competition accepting entries in BJCP categories 1 thru 23.
- Entries will be judged according to the 2008 BJCP Styles Guidelines. We will strive to be sure that at least one BJCP registered judge will judge in each flight.
- All entries become property of the organizers. No entries will be returned whether received late, disqualified, or otherwise.
- Online Registration Only thru 4/29/2011 by 5:00 PM. Use the registration process as outlined here. You must be in the membership table and marked as current in order to register.
- All entries must be received at Depot street Brewing by 5/3/2011 at 5:00 PM.
- If you are dropping off entries locally and there are other club members present at the time you arrive, please be as discreet as you can about your entries ... they may be there for the same reason as you are, or may even be judging in the competition.
- The entry fee is $4 for each entry, payable when entries are delivered. For drop-offs, either cash or check; If shipping, check only. Make the check payable to Steve Jones, place in a Ziplock™ bag, and attach to one of your bottles with a rubber band.
DO NOT MAKE CHECKS OUT TO STATE OF FRANKLIN HOMEBREWERS AS WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DEPOSIT THEM
- Bottle Requirements:
- Entries should be in 10-14 oz beer bottles of any color.
- All bottles must be free of ink, paint, or paper labeling other than competition entry labels.
- Obliterate any lettering or graphics on the cap with a permanent black marker.
- Bottles with Grölsch-type swing tops are not allowed.
- Bottles with raised lettering are allowed.
- Corked bottles meeting the above restrictions are acceptable (with or without a cage).
- Bottles not meeting these requirements will be disqualified.
- If the competition registrar determines that the non-standard bottle may indicate the identity of the brewer, the entry may be disqualified.
- Judges may not judge a category they have entered, and stewards may not steward a category they have entered.
- Brewers may enter as many beers as they wish, but only one per subcategory.
- Entries will be grouped in flights as necessary to balance the entries to approximately 8-12 per judge team
- The Best of Show round will include the 1st place winners from each flight.
- Use the Register link on the menu to register yourself as an entrant, judge, or steward. Judges and Stewards are allowed to enter beers as well.
- After registering, click on the Enter Another Beer button and enter as many beers as you wish, repeating the process. Be sure to enter the additional required information for categories 6D, 16E, 17F, 20, 21, and 23 in the Additional Information box. This will be printed on the flgiht pull sheets for the judges. You may come back at any time and add/edit/remove entries, reprint the labels up until the registration close date.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the registration summary page, print the resulting page (it will send you a confirmation email with your details), and cut out the bottle labels for your entries. Attach one to each bottle, using clear tape to firmly tape the labels around the body of the bottle (works better if bottles are not cold and wet). You must use these labels as they contain the system assigned entry number and category, which is the only way we can identify your beer once it is received. Do not write anything on these labels as the judges will see them during the judging. Be assured that your extra information (for categories 20-23) is saved to the database and will be included in the flight pull sheets for the judges to see.